Welcome on our website!

Travelling with your pet from the UK to Europe and back? Splendid!

Just make sure to be well informed before leaving. Since the Brexit, the UK European Passport of your dog isn’t valid any longer.

You need to ask your vet an Animal Health Certificate (AHC) before leaving the UK.

For the journey back, the legislation hasn’t changed that much. You still need to go and see a vet between 24h and 5 days before leaving Europe. Our vets will examen your pet, they will administer a worming tablet and fill in the AHC.

(Consultation fee: 37.50€ and worming tablet between 3€ and 20€ depending the weight of your dog.)

You’ll find more information further on this website, but don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any other requirements.

You can also make an appointment with our online booking service.

Looking forward to meeting you soon!

Kind regards,

The Neufchâtel and Blangy Veterinary Team

Pet Travel Scheme : entering the UK from France (or the EU)

The Pet Travel Scheme has been designed to allow animals such as dogs and cats to travel easily between countries and avoid quarantine but also to stop spreading rabies and other diseases.

From 1 January 2012, it is easier to travel abroad with pets. Tick treatment for pets returning to the UK are no longer required. Pets from the EU and listed non-EU countries (such as the USA and Australia) still need to be vaccinated against rabies, but they no longer need a blood test.


  • Is your pet identified with a microchip ?

  • Ensure your pet’s vaccinations are up-to-date before you’re leaving. A vaccination against rabies is obligated and after the vaccination you must wait 21 days before travelling to France or any other European country.

  • Does your pet has a valid Animal Health Certificate (AHC) ?

  • Even if it’s no longer obligated: check if your pet is treated against ticks and flees before you’re leaving. Also, it’s better to give them a worming tablet a few days before leaving.

  • If you want to return to the UK from France (or the EU), your pet must have been treated against tapeworm not less than 24 hours and not more than 5 days before travelling to the UK by a registered vet.

Our veterinarians speak English!

Our 3 veterinary clinics are open from Monday to Saturday.

You can always call us or send us an e-mail at vetbray@gmail.com if you want any further information.

Our day is such we seldom have a chance to look at emails until the end of clinical hours, but we will try to answer you as soon as possible.

Thank you very much and we hope to see you soon in one of our Veterinary Clinics!

Appointment Booking Service